Thursday, 11 May 2017

Labour party in with a chance of turning the tables on May Corbyn for PM

I have been in bed most of this week, well three days out of five. My MS has knocked me even more sideways than usual. Today as normal I turned on or rather my wife tuned on the radio.  BBC Radio 2 Chris Evans wakes us up every week day. Labour has leaked its manifesto was the main news topic. Sounds okay to me but what do I know about politics? I am still feeling ill because we voted for Brexit, honestly I didn't see that coming, and before that I predicted Greece getting thrown out of the eurozone. So as you can see I am not a particularly good political pundit. I think that Theresa May would go to the country but I never blogged about it so I might have just been imagining things! No honestly I did think it but I did also think she got a free ticket to be Prime Minister why would she rock the boat.
Well the radio has been on and off all day long. I don't listen to Ken Bruce I cannot stand his voice. I listened to radio four at lunch time and then again for the PM news program at five. By then the leaks had been confirmed a a working draft and the real manifesto had been published. I turned to Twitter to see if I could put any meat on the bone so to speak and was met with hostile comment after hostile comment. People were likening the manifesto to the 1970's now what I remember of that time was the three day week and Dockers strikes and Some communist worker at British Leyland Red Robbo I think he was nicknamed. He actually did us a favour he single handedly stopped people being able to waste their money on some really awful cars. Mind you Ford's at that time were rubbish to.
Anyhow getting back to the Labour manifesto. What is there not to like about it? Back to free university education. I wish I had a better education! I got into a Twitter spat arguing that we don't need free parking in hospital's that to me is the only thing I dislike in the whole thing. People are paying six quid a gallon yet moan about a couple of quid parking. I could go on about hospital parking but I won't. I have a blue badge and park most places for free anyhow. So from an unelectable disliked leftie. Corbyn has done in my opinion a blooming good job. I would love to see him beat that Trump loving occupant of number 10 and give us all a slice of the pie. At the moment I am not even getting the crumbs but I believe in Cornyn and I have admired him and the quiet way he goes about things.  Conservatives have doubled the nation's debt yet say austerity is the way. Let me tell you it may soon be replaced by a Labour government and on my opinion that cannot happen to soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment