Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Referendum Recession would be a DIY Recession

I loved the quote 'DIY Recession' mainly because I used to work for Sterling Roncraft who's advertising strap line is 'it does exactly what says on the tin' if we as a nation pull out of Europe we will create a DIY Recession and it will be exactly that a recession we have bought upon ourselves. We have only just come out of one recession which lasted six/seven years and we want to create another period of uncertainty which could last even longer. And that isn't a question it is a fact! Boris and co will have you believe all in the garden is Rosie but just Google house prices and see what the pre referendum nerves are doing to them. Have a look at the footsie and it is up and down then down again. The market is nervous ad normally in times of uncertainty people keep their cash under the bed. Even gold I'd down, I haven't checked today (I have now it is steady)
I have already placed my vote by post and I have voted remain because of that old adage 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't ´ there is one I could use if we came out and that would be out of the frying pan and into the fire. If we go into the fire we have no idea of how hot it will be nor of how long we will be in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment