Friday, 3 August 2012

Shafilea Ahmed Murdered

As a Father of two daughters I know hard it is to be a parent but never in my worst nightmare when bringing up teenage girls did I consider my honour to be worth more than their lives. I cant begin to understand how someone who lives in and raises their children in the UK can still be influenced by tribal ties and honours so strongly that they would murder the child they had brought into the world.The more I read about the case the more I realise I don't understand the so called honour  in killing your own daughter. I sincerely hope those who failed to protect Shafilea are looking hard at themselves and others who are in positions of trust in communities up and down the country spot the signs of family abuse and act to protect the lives of our vulnerable children

No comments:

Post a Comment